Re: Weird postfix problem when upgrading to Squeeze

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Sep 2012 17:20:34 -0300, Pedro Eugênio Rocha wrote:
>
>> The weirdest thing happened today with postfix when upgrading our mail
>> relay from Lenny to Squeeze. My main.cf has a mynetworks directive
>> specifying which servers can relay without authenticating. It looked
>> like this:
>>
>> mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
>>                       x.x.x.x
>>                       x.x.x.x
>>                       x.x.x.x
>
> And that was working fine for all the IP addresses? :-?

Yes. It had worked for a couple of years... o.O

>> When I upgraded, things stopped working. After enabling smtpd debug, I
>> found that the new postfix was matching only the first line of the
>> directive. The previous postfix version was working flawlessly. When I
>> changed this line to:
>>
>> mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 x.x.x.x x.x.x.x x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
>
> This is the format I always use.
>
>> things went back normal. The odd fact is that in the postfix manual it
>> is stated
>> that:
>>
>> [0] - "Mynetworks - Specify a list of network addresses or
>> network/netmask patterns, separated by commas and/or whitespace.
>> Continue long lines by starting the next line with whitespace."
>>
>> Did somebody have this problem? Is this behavior expected? Am I missing
>> something here?
>
> Mmmm... there has to be something wrong (then or now) given the other
> format worked for you but after reading the decription from Postfix
> manual I understand the allowed options (regarding long lines) are either:
>
> # long lines
> mynetworks = ip/block ip ip/block ip ip/block ip ip/block ip
>  ip/block ip
> ^
>  (whitespace goes up there)
>
> # long lines
> mynetworks = ip/block, ip, ip/block, ip, ip/block, ip, ip/block, ip,
>  ip/block,ip
> ^
>  (white space goes up there)
>
> And Postfix is very nitpitcky with the correctness of the file formats :-)

The weirdest thing is that it was working before the upgrade. Anyway, just
changing the format solves the problem, but finding where the problem was
gave me some headache and some email lost.  :-}

Best,