Re: Dual-Monitor help

On 08/29/2012 12:29 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:

Nelson Green wrote:

So, my final question is, where is my X11 start-up file?

There are several different ways to start up X11.  Probably the simplest for
you is to create a $HOME/.xsession file.  The xdm/gdm/kdm/lightdm processes
will use it if the file exists.  Create it with the following contents.

Create this ~/.xsession file:

  #!/bin/bash --login
  if xrandr --query | grep -q DVI-I-2=3B then
    xrandr --auto --output DVI-I-2 --right-of DVI-I-1
  fi
  exec x-session-manager

The 'x-session-manager' is a Debian package specific symlink handle that
always points to the currently configured window manager.

Isn't that 'x-window-manager'?

At least, I don't have an 'x-session-manager' on my system (tracking testing,
with a few hints of stable and sid), but I do have 'x-window-manager'.

--
      The Wanderer

side of it.

Every time you let somebody set a limit they start moving it.
  - LiveJournal user antonia_tiger