Re: where to report bug: Wheezy installer failed on a RTL8169 network card

Am Mittwoch, 29. August 2012 schrieb Yuwen Dai:
> Dear all,
>
> I downloaded the latest Wheezy AMD64 version DVD iso image, trying to
> install it on a HP notebook with a RTL8169 NIC.  When the installer
> detects network, it hangs.  I could switch to other ttys and open a
> busybox  shell, but it's useless, the installation could not resume
> any more.  I tried a Squeeze  DVD on the same notebook,  the DHCP
> process appeared some difficult, I tried several times,  but at last,
> it got IP address.  Where can I report this bug?

One thing that you may try unless the bug report mentioned by you does not
yet have this information:

Go to tty4 (Alt-F4) and look for suspicious log messages. You can add to
the bug report by sending an mail to bugnr@bugs.debian.org

Thanks,