Re: sux: "cannot open display: :0".

Good time of the day, Camaleón.

Thank You for Your time and answer!
You wrote:

> I suggested because you seemed to have many X related packages
> udpated and it could be that Xorg needed to be power-cycled.

And that's why I did it. :o)

> > But I have already solved the problem for me - removing all seemed
> > Gconf-related config. garbage accumulated over time in the sux-ed
> > user home dir. - now it works w/o problem - as before - probably,
> > simply inconsistency w/ updated software config.s.
>
> Mmm... I tend to do an "apt-get -f install" (and also "purge") from
> time to time in my wheezy system and I remember Gconf was removed
> since time ago. Anyway, I can't see a direct relation between having
> the package installed (along with older configuration files) and the
> above errors :-?

And that I do also - I'm HDD space hungry always and also do not like
vain waste!

> > But I wanted to help to hunt a possible bug here - therefore would
> > to make a report. But do not worry, if no idea which package.
>
> I can't really tell. If it really was due to old/residual
> configuration files is even harder to find the real culprit :-)
>
> In such cases, what it helps for debugging the problem is "sux -ing"
> to a different user and test from there to discard something in the
> home profile.

And that what gave the idea - that Gconf could be the problem - I
tried, occasionally to run an app. from another "clean" user.

When I first read Your "sux -ing" I understood it as

$ sux -ing

:o)

OK. Doesn't matter. Let's finish here. Thanks for Your help always OR
willingness to help!

Sthu.