RE: Dual-Monitor help

> Then for batch mode automated startup I have the following in my X1<
> startup file.
>
> if xrandr --query | grep -q HDMI;; then
> xrandr --auto --output HDMI --right-of HDMI<
> fi

Hi Bob,

I've almost gotten everything working, but one question remains.

First, I ended up removing the two Quadro 600 cards, and I installed
a single Quadro 570, which has dual DVI outputs. Second, I had to boot
to the stock Squeeze kernel instead of the custom 3.5.1 one.

But after taking those two steps, I am now able to define my second
monitor exactly as you described.

Modifying your script for my my hardware works just fine from a
terminal after logging in:

if xrandr --query | grep -q DVI-I-2; then
  xrandr --auto --output DVI-I-2 --right-of DVI-I-1
fi

So, my final question is, where is my X11 start-up file?

Thanks,
Nelson