Re: need kernel update for lenny ..

On Wednesday 29 August 2012 13:33:49 Meike Stone wrote:
> Hello dear list,
>
> I've running an Debian Lenny and can't upgrade to Squeeze for the
> moment because of special software ...
>
> Now the Server crashed two times.
> The error message is every time (taken from the console):
>
> "Filesystem "dm-2": XFS internal error xfs_trans_cancel at line 1163
> of fs/xfs/xfs_trans.c Caller 0xf8s8656d
> Filesystem "dm-2": Corruption of in-memory data dedected. Shutting
> down filesystem: dm-2
> Please umount the filesystem, and rectify the problem(s)"
>
> The Partition "dm-2" is mounted to /var, so I don't have more
> information from the syslog or dmsg ..
>
> On the server is running a Webserver, a (r)syslogd and mysql database.
> Nightly, filtered logfiles
> from rsyslogd are imported to the database. This is located on the
> /var-Partition too.
>
> In the Internet I found similar problems here:
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=512779
>
> and here:
> [2] http://oss.sgi.com/archives/xfs/2011-07/msg00473.html
>
> In the second link, someone told that the problem may solved in the
> kernel 2.6.30.
>
> I tried to upgrade to the latest kernel via:
>
> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-archive/debian/ lenny main
> deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-archive/debian/ lenny main
>
> and
>
> aptitude update
> aptitude safe-upgrade
>
> but I had no luck, nothing to upgrade.

No, there wouldn't be.  All work on Lenny has stopped and it has been
archived.

I am running kernel 2.6.32 from Lenny backports:

lisi@Junior:~$ uname -a
Linux Junior 2.6.32-bpo.5-686 #1 SMP Mon Jul 25 21:10:31 UTC 2011 i686
GNU/Linux
lisi@Junior:~$

but I don't know what happened to Lenny backports when Lenny was archived.

Lisi