Re: need kernel update for lenny ..

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 02:33:49PM +0200, Meike Stone wrote:
> Hello dear list,
>
> I've running an Debian Lenny and can't upgrade to Squeeze for the
> moment because of special software ...

[cut]

> The Server is going to migrate to new software (and Debian) in three
> month, but until then i need a stable system.
>
> So does anyone has an idea how to solve the problem?

You have two options as far as I can see. You can either install kernel
2.6.32 from lenny-backports (add "deb
http://archive.debian.org/debian-backports lenny-backports main" to your
sources.list) or you should be able to compile your own kernel by using
the instructions in the kernel-handbook[1].

[1]
http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-common-tasks.html#s-kernel-org-
package

HTH