Re: Virtualbox 64 bit guest option is missing

Am Mittwoch, 29. August 2012 schrieb Camaleón:
> On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 20:01:41 +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> >> I experienced such situation: a BIOS revision that did not expose
> >> any VT- x options while the CPU supported them. A BIOS update
> >> solved it and a new menu for VT-x was added to the updated BIOS.
> >>
> >> But regardless this I think that "cpuinfo" is about CPU and not BIOS
> >> capabilities; from here you can't really know what to expect.
> >
> > May dmidecode be able to step in there?
> >
> > It shows the DMI / SMBIOS tables.
>
> I never have had a positive experience with dmidecode because it
> provides untrustworthy output :-/

In my experience it depends heavily on the BIOS. But for this ThinkPad
T520 the output appears to be pretty accurate for me. On the FTS Esprimo
workstation at work the output appears to be quite lacking of detail.

Whether everything is correct? Well…

But since it somehow seems to relate to the BIOS I thought it might help
here.