Re: [SOLVED] Is my processor 32-bit or 64-bit?

On 8/28/2012 2:01 PM, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hi Stan,
>
> Am Montag, 27. August 2012 schrieb Stan Hoeppner:

>> For a desktop user workload, there will be no noticeable performance
>> difference, because such applications don't do parallel IO.
>
> Are you sure about 1) desktop applications I/O behavior and 2) NCQ?
>
> 1) I see noticeable difference for my Intel SSD 320 with different iodepth
> values in fio job.

Shall we now split hairs, and have a 500 post discussion WRT the
definition of "desktop user workload"?

If you consider fio, iozone, bonnie++ etc to be part of a typical
"desktop user workload" then you're simply out of touch with the real
world Martin. ;)

Do you have a father/mother brother/sister wife/children?  Do any of
them run fio on a regular basis?  These people represent the typical
"desktop user workload".  Sysadmins, devs, power users, do not.

--
Stan