Re: Virtualbox 64 bit guest option is missing

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 18:26:19 +0200, Sven Hartge wrote:

> Artifex Maximus <artifexor@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 2:37 AM, Sven Hartge <sven@svenhartge.de>
>> wrote:

>>> Did you enable the support for those features inside the BIOS setup?
>>> If not, they may be masked and unusable for Linux and VirtualBox.
>
>> Even it is a quite old motherboard "Intel Virtualization Technology"
>> BIOS options is enabled. I cannot change that option though. My
>> motherboard just for info is a Fujitsu-Siemens G31T-M2 which is some
>> ECS OEM motherboard with G31 chipset.
>
> Hmm. Could you post the output of
>
>   grep flags /proc/cpuinfo
>
> so that we can see which capabilities the kernel thinks are available on
> you CPU,

That will be of little help because CPU will expose the VT-x capabilities
despite the BIOS have them turned off.

@Artifex, contact your motherboard manufacturer and ask specifically for
this. I see nothing at the manual or specs regarding VT-x for your board¹.

¹http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?DetailID=812&CategoryID=1&MenuID=16&LanID=0

Greetings,

--
Camaleón