Re: Virtualbox 64 bit guest option is missing

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 2:37 AM, Sven Hartge <sven@svenhartge.de> wrote:
> Artifex Maximus <artifexor@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Well, you can stil install a 32-bits guest OS but for 64-bits you
>>> need a VT-x enabled micro, yes.
>
>> OK, now a lovely little E8400 power my machine which is VT-x and VT-d
>> capable.
>
> Did you enable the support for those features inside the BIOS setup? If
> not, they may be masked and unusable for Linux and VirtualBox.

Even it is a quite old motherboard "Intel Virtualization Technology"
BIOS options is enabled. I cannot change that option though. My
motherboard just for info is a Fujitsu-Siemens G31T-M2 which is some
ECS OEM motherboard with G31 chipset.

> If your BIOS does not support those options, you may need to upgrade to
> a newer version. If no newer version is available from the vendor, you
> may need a new mainboard, I'm afraid.

I am using latest BIOS. Looks like I have VT option in BIOS which is
enabled but still no VT in Virtualbox under Debian and Windows XP 32
bit (I read that Virtualbox on VT capable CPU is able to emulate 64
bit guests on 32 bit host).

Bye,