Re: New Mainboard.

----- Original Message -----

Now that you mention it, I came across a number of micro boards like that when I was researching building a digital video recorder.  Don't really need more than two devices--hard drive and DVD or Blu-ray burner.  And the boxes the MB are designed to fit it won't hold anymore anyway.

>>  It is rare that you'll find a micro-ATX board with more than 2 RAM
>> slots [snip]
>
> Again, many of the M-ATX boards I'm looking at provide four slots and a
> potential for 16 GB, with the ability to use 1800 Mh modules, so the
> upgrade is no problem there.
> I do more design and graphic work than photography, so that gives me some
> leeway.

These days more RAM is more useful than more devices.  If you can find a suitable board that has 4 RAM slots, that's the way to go.  If you can find one with a 32GB maximum that would be, in my opinion, preferred.

Also, because of your type of work like mine, onboard graphics will probably not be enough.  So, allow for a fast graphics card.