Re: best filesystem for logical volume ?

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 17:20:27 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 22:19:53 +0530, J. B wrote:

> >> Fine but better if yu can expand that, because it says little about the
> >> system main usage.
> >>

> > Sure....
> >
> > My laptop have i5 CPU with 3GB RAM.  I bought a new disk and want to
> > create LVM on it, except /boot And finally transfer all data to that
> > DISK. So I am in search of a filesystem which can give me better
> > performance. The system will have apache+mysql+postfix as well as the
> > desktop system KDE.
>
> So basically you are planning to use the system for a common desktop
> usage. Considering your hardware the filesystem would be almost
> irrelevant so I'd go for either ext3/4 which has more tools for
> recovering after a disaster and is well tested/supported.
>
> Greetings,

Thanks for your response. I'm already formatted with ext4 :-)
Though I'm little confused now. As per the tutorial /boot should be
un-encrypted. But I got some doc at net where /boot is also encrypted.
Can you please help me to solve the puzzle ?
I'm following  http://kirriwa.net/john/doc/lvm+raid1.html#step3
TIA