Re: best filesystem for logical volume ?

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 22:19:53 +0530, J. B wrote:

>> > Full disk encryption
>>
>> Fine but better if yu can expand that, because it says little about the
>> system main usage.
>>

> Sure....
>
> My laptop have i5 CPU with 3GB RAM.  I bought a new disk and want to
> create LVM on it, except /boot And finally transfer all data to that
> DISK. So I am in search of a filesystem which can give me better
> performance. The system will have apache+mysql+postfix as well as the
> desktop system KDE.

So basically you are planning to use the system for a common desktop
usage. Considering your hardware the filesystem would be almost
irrelevant so I'd go for either ext3/4 which has more tools for
recovering after a disaster and is well tested/supported.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón