Re: strange behavior after reboot, iceweasel locking everything up

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 21:43:33 -0400, Tony Baldwin wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 08:10:07PM -0400, Tony Baldwin wrote:

(...)

> Nope.
> Still hanging....iceweasel hangs a long time just trying to grab pages,
> and I can't even go to another tab or something. The whole browser just
> locks up, for as much as a minute or two, when trying to load a page.
> It's become almost useless.
> I mean, what's the point in tabbed browsing if you can't read one tab
> while waiting for another to load?

Okay, Tony, before going any further into this, are you sure that your
hard disk and partitions are all fine? Were all the scary messages
finally went away? How about the SMART test?

If this is all good, then we can go on... if no, your priority should be
the hard disk at first place.

Now, in regards to your Iceweasel problems, some basic questions:

- Have you tried with an empty/fresh Icewasel profile?
- Have you tried with upstream Firefox?
- What does "top" say when system runs slowly?

The (sluggish) behaviour you're getting is not normal, even more with a
powerful computer like yours where Iceweasel has to run super-smoothly
and flawlessly.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón