Re: strange behavior after reboot, iceweasel locking everything up

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 06:26:34PM -0400, Tony Baldwin wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 05:08:16PM -0400, tony baldwin wrote:

... clippage ...

> So, I manually ran fsck, had to do it three time, but I'm now getting a
> clean bill of health (log in /var/log/fsck/checkfs says all good) on the
> hdd.
> Removing mongodb seems to have maybe been a factor (not sure why I had
> it installed, anyway...some python thing I was going to play with but
> didn't, I believe, required it).
>
> Still having issues with iceweasel, however, being very, very slow in
> Even something as innocuous as running "ls" in a terminal will hang and
> wait until iceweasel is done, so very weird.
> Iceweasel will blank out, too, so I can not even read another tab or
> something while waiting for a new tab to load a page, etc.
> It does one of those things where, say, if I go to workspace 2 while
> iceweasel is loading a page, workspace 2 being always a terminator
> terminal full screen, then go back to workspace 1 (iceweasel), I see the
> terminal where the iceweasel window should be.
> Or if I go to another workspace that's empty, then go back to wordspace
> 1, I see the top-bar of the iceweasel window, and the empy desktop.
> Weird.

The problem now is definitely something to do with iceweasel.
I do not have the problem of stuff locking up when iceweasel is not
running.
I can use google-chrome without issue (but do not want to use chrome.
I want to use iceweasel. I do not want google tracking me all over the
internet).

./tony
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me