Re: bug report to icedove or iceweasel??

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 21:51:59 -0400, Whit Hansell wrote:

> On 08/03/2012 11:38 AM, Camaleón wrote:

>> Have you tried any of these?
>>
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2012/07/msg02133.html

(...)

>> With no more tests on your side, report it against the MUA (Icedove)
>> which is that fails.
>>
>> If you have problems to manually filling the report, use the reportbug
>> tool and follow the on-screen wizard (save the data elsewhere because
>> this tool it closes all of sudden very often).
>>

> Cameleon and gunter,

Gunter? I see a reply coming from Darac :-?

> Thank you both so much for your advice.  Unfortunately nothing has made
> a difference and I'm still having the same problem no matter what I do.
> I've done most everything you each have asked me to do.  I still can get
> to iceweasel, but not the particular link I am trying to access.

Then please, provide the results of the tests you have run (what did you
do and what were the results of the tests). When it comes to computing
problems, accuracy is a must :-)

> I think I'm going to purge Icedove and remove the .icedove directory and
> then reinstall it and see if that makes a difference.  If not, I may do
> the same with Iceweasel.  And if that makes no difference, I will
> probably just save off all my data and do a fresh install of Wheezy. The
> reason I am looking in this direction is that Cameleon mentioned that no
> one else is having this problem so it's probably not a bug but is a
> particular problem with my system.

(...)

Well, I said I couldn't locate a bug for the same issue, which does not
mean nobody else is experiencing the same problem ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón