Re: links won't open using icedove/wheezy

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 13:06:59 -0400, Whit Hansell wrote:

> Just checking to see if others are having the same problem.
>
> Using Wheezy and a couple of months ago (guessing)  I did a dist-upgrade
> and all of a sudden my links would only open a new iceweasel window and
> only to my home page.

Is that hapenning only when the links are open from Icedove or the
problem remains when clicking over a link from gnome-terminal, Evolution,
Kmail... or another application?

Also, does it work for e-mail links (e.g., "mailto:user@example.com";)?

> I have been patient waiting to see if this bug would get fixed but so
> far it hasn't.  I've been to what I think is icedove bugs pages and it
> seems they have the bug listed but am not sure because some of the
> explanation is not the best.

I cannot locate a bug in Debian BT similar to yours :-?

By the way, what desktop o window manager are you using?

> Anyone else having the same problem or know of something i can do to
> correct this problem if it is actually in my lap?

I would first try by launching icedove from a new user, different than
your usual one to discard something wrong within your current profile.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón