Re: usb0 and making it available to guest OS

On 08/05/2012 07:01 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-08-05 at 18:33 -0400, H.S. wrote:
>> Alright, just restarted the whole machine. What is happening now is the
>> following (or so it seems to be from the log, pasted further below):
>> 1. Usbcore sees teh device.
>> 2. It "disconnects" it or "unmanages" it because? Looks like because
>> VBox is capturing the device.
>> 3. Network manager gets involved and gets a dhcp address from the USB
>> device.
>> 4. A usb0 is created nevertheless (if the usb0 device was captured by
>> the guest OS, should it still result in a usb0 in the host?).
>
> I don't know.
>
> Why do you wish to use the USB network device by the guest?

This is a Via 1535 Tomtom. It uses an application in Windows to install
all its updates on the device. I use Linux at home and am trying to make
work through a Windows VM.

The Tomtom device makes itself a network device, not sure why.

Regards.

ever having been read.