Re: usb0 and making it available to guest OS
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: usb0 and making it available to guest OS
- From: Ralf Mardorf <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 23:43:04 +0200
- Message-id: <1344202984.2108.37.camel@precise>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, 2012-08-05 at 17:24 -0400, H.S. wrote:
> I have a Debian Testing machine, fully update, using VirtualBox (VBox)
> with Windows XP installed as a guest OS.
I'm using VBox + XP guest on Arch Linux, so the VBox versions might
1. I experienced that adding "virtualbox-ext-oracle" can improve USB
issues. Dunno if there's a Debian package available, if necessary.
2. When I sync my iPad 2 to iTunes running on the guest XP, I can't use
my favorite USB slot, with the connected extension cable. The cable
length and the slot are ok, they're working for all kinds of devices as
long as I use Linux and not the guest XP + the iPad. When using the
extremely short iPad's cable only (tested with two different other USB
slots), then syncing the iPad does work.