Re: installing source packages from snapshot.debian.org with apt-get source

Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 16:38:29 -0500, hvw59601 wrote:

Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 16:02:12 -0500, hvw59601 wrote:

http://snapshot.debian.org/package/linux/ has in it 8 debian kernel
source packages that I want to install consecutively to see if bug
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=683768 is present.

I want to do the installs with apt-get source.

How does one do this? Specifically, what should the sources.list say?
Does this help?

http://snapshot.debian.org/

Hint: "Usage" section >:-)

I looked at that but the examples of the deb entries they give are
nothing like where the linux source files are.

Uh? :-?

Have you tried with the recommended steps?

Let's see how I see it. You said you wanted to install a bunch of source kernel packages. So, let's take the first one:

http://snapshot.debian.org/package/linux/3.2.20-1~bpo60%2B1/

Which points to:

http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-backports/20120629T195518Z/pool/main/l/linux/linux_3.2.20-1%7Ebpo60%2B1.debian.tar.xz

So given that URI and back to the "Usage" hints, I would add to the sources-list:

deb-src http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-backports/20120629T195518Z/ stable main

(adjust "stable" to fit your current flavour)

Anyway, you can also get the single ".deb" binary and install it or fetch the source to compile the kernel and make your own changes.

Yep, that's it and then 'apt-get source linux'.
I then make the deb-src the only one in the sources.list.
Thanks Camaléon.

Hugo