Re: How can I install an amd64 to my new bought Laptop/

Hello Benimaur,

Benimaur Gao <benimaur@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK.
> 1. I dd the netinst iso to a flash disk & boot the machine with it.
> 2. I try to rsync the whole system to my new machine
> by "rsync -av /* --exclude={/home/user/*,/sys/*,/dev/*,/proc/*,/mnt/*}

If you simply want to copy your old system onto the new machine, why
do you need the netinstall images? It might lack some proper hardware
detection and is meant for other uses (though it can usually also
work as you intend it to do).

I’d suggest using either some of the many live CDs with good hardware
detection or the i386 netinstall which appears to work fine to you.
It should be able to chroot into your system just as well (assuming
it’s an i386 system).

If you, for some reason, decide to stick with the amd64 netinstall
CD, I suggest you try the various boot parameters to disable specific
options/enable hardware quirks.

Best regards,

Claudius
--