Re: what graphic card to buy?

On 15/07/12 12:04 PM, Sthu Deus wrote:
Good time of the day, Slavko.

You worte:

i am using the nvidia cards only. Some years. When i got to setup the
computers (notebooks) with ATI cards, i was always some (less or
bigger) problems. My actual computer has integrated ATI, but i am
using the external nvidia one.
I can say absolutely opposite - ATI cards worked just fine for me w/
3D acceleration from the free drivers (when the models support was
already there).

Also, ATI cards seems to have a better ratio price/performance.

PS Nice logo - I really like it. :o)

Sthu.
I agree, although the Nouveau drivers are getting better. AMD/ATI has the greater commitment to open source, which is another great reason to use their cards.