what graphic card to buy?

Hello,

I was given a desktop which has the following graphic card:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc NI Caicos [AMD
RADEON HD 6450]

The graphics card works.

In case of Fedora, I can use both monitors at their native resolution
(1900x900) in non-mirroring mode.

In case of Ubuntu, I can use both monitors at their native resolution
but only in mirroring mode (it is not possible to set non-mirroring mode).

In case Debian (6.0.5), I cannot use the graphical mode (Xorg) at all
because monitors only wildly flicker.

Is there a list of graphic cards which are known to work (either fully
or partially) with Debian so that I know what to buy? E.g. I would like
to learn which cards can be used for the following purposes:
- I do not care about 3D/4D/5D/... accelaration
- but I have two monitors each of which has native 1900x900 resolution
- I want to use those monitors in a non-mirroring mode
with Debian.

Is there a list of graphic cards that are known not to work with Debian
(so that I can enlist mine there to let people known about it)?

Right now, I am looking at:
http://wiki.debian.org/GraphicsCard
Is this the right place?

Thanks in advance for pointers or advice :-)