Re: what graphic card to buy?

Hi,

Dňa Fri, 13 Jul 2012 09:39:26 +0100 Matej Košík
<5764c029b688c1c0d24a2e97cd764f@gmail.com> napísal:

> Is there a list of graphic cards that are known not to work with Debian
> (so that I can enlist mine there to let people known about it)?

i am using the nvidia cards only. Some years. When i got to setup the
computers (notebooks) with ATI cards, i was always some (less or bigger)
problems. My actual computer has integrated ATI, but i am using the
external nvidia one.

With nvidia i was only one problem yet, when i buy notebook with VGA
without existing linux driver (too new), but there was solution from some
user on the internet and the driver was coming some time latter. I am
always using the closed source driver - from debian repo in testing and
from nvidia in stable.

The nvidia was always good for me, but i was some problems with
performance with the KDE 4.x, now i go away from KDE and have no problems.
But i am not the big games player :-)

regards

--
Slavko