Re: pam_winbind.so missing when upgrade to wheezy/sid

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 18:41:05 +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> (...)
>
>>> PAM is complaining because you are loading a module that now is not
>>> present or is named differently, I can't really tell :-?
>>
>> i also dont know because i am following traditional method to connect
>> Samba server where winbind and krb5 is required.  here is some more
>> details about my samba. but serprisingly the version of winbind and
>> samba is same. and secondly i can not understand the version number.
>> would you please help me in understanding the version number.
>>

>> root@test:/# dpkg -l | grep samba
>> ii  samba                              2:3.6.5-3 SMB/CIFS file, print, and login server for Unix
>> ii  samba-common                       2:3.6.5-3 common files used by both the Samba server and client
>> ii  samba-common-bin                   2:3.6.5-3 common files used by both the Samba server and client
>> ii  samba-doc                          2:3.6.5-3 Samba documentation
>
> You mean why both, winbind and samba, share the same version number? A
> devel or packager will confirm but my guess is that because they come
> from the same source (samba) they can be keeping the same numbering for
> simple convenience.
>
> Also, note that wheezy has now 3.6.6, you should udpate those :-)

i am using Wheezy SID in production and recently some one has posted
in debian list that his system is crashing on boot after upgrading his
system. and that was the question that i was asking in my last safe
update thread. and all the pros where saying that a system can not be
crash in result of update. now after reading this guy's problem i
think i should wait till stable version. since the system is in
production.
 :-(

>>> I would open a bug report against "winbind" package and wait for a
>>> response from devels..
>>
>> Thanks for the help :)
>>
>> btw this msg is messing my syslog server do you think i should comment
>> the line in config files?
>
> No, I would report it ASAP, maybe the requested library is missing and it
> has to be corrected. Mmm, hold on...

> Maye you are being hit by this, that is, that you need to get "libpam-winbind"
> but the library will be placed under "/lib/[arch]-linux-gnu/security/pam_winbind.so"
> instead "/lib/security/pam_winbind.so". What a mess :-P

Thanks mate,  i think we resolve the issue. i just run the find
command here is the output
root@box:/# find ./ -name '*winbind.so*'
./lib/i386-linux-gnu/security/pam_winbind.so
./lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnss_winbind.so.2

and i change the path accordingly into these files.
/etc/pam.d/common-auth
/etc/pam,d/common-acccount

and restarted the samba service several times. and the specified
errors are gone. lately on every service restart i was getting this
message but now its gone.

thanks for helping me out.