Re: pam_winbind.so missing when upgrade to wheezy/sid
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: pam_winbind.so missing when upgrade to wheezy/sid
- From: Camaleón <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 15:09:39 +0000 (UTC)
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <CAGWVfMmX=L3gYWLoJd4EjWiF8wr1+jju9p=jcm19Edrs4yqswA@mail.gmail.com>
On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 17:28:45 +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
> i was using Squeeze 6.0.4 and upgraded to wheezy/sid and this machine is
> working as SAMBA server with domain controller authentication.
> before the upgrade i had a file "pam_winbind.so" on /lib/security/ but
> no there are other *.so file and others are missing.
The mentioned library file is now provided by "winbind4" package (new since
> as per the requirement i had mentioned the file path for winbind use. in
> /etc/pam.d/common-auth and /etc/pam.d/common-account
> now samba throwing this error
> Jul 6 17:12:40 nasbox smbd: PAM adding faulty module: /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
> Jul 6 17:12:40 nasbox smbd: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib/security/pam_winbind.so): /lib/security/pam_winbind.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
If the file is not present the errors look right but I wonder what
windbind implementation are you running :-?, maybe "dpkg -l | grep -i winbind"
can shed some light here.