Re: help with xserver-xorg-video-ast

On 9 July 2012 23:24, Shane Johnson <sdj@rasmussenequipment.com> wrote:
hello everyone,
I am hoping someone can help me.  I am running Wheezy and got a driver from Aspeed for their on-board video driver.  Loaded it and it worked until I installed xen-qemu-dm-4.0 and now when I try to re-install is says glibc-2.13 is required when 2.14 is installed.  I contacted Aspeeds tech support and they suggested I compile from source.  I got the source package and run autoconf and get a error that xorg-macros needs to be installed.  I located it in xutils-dev and installed that package but it is still giving me a error about xorg-macros.  I have run autoconf -v to try and find out if it is expecting the libraries somewhere and I just need to link to them but it doesn't give me any idea on where.
Question 1 - is there a easier way to do this?
Question 2 - anyone have any idea on what I need to do to compile this driver?

Re Question 1 - in the past I have used a soft link in such situations; may work for you.

--
Sent from FOSS (Free Open Source Software)
Debian GNU/Linux