Re: pam_winbind.so missing when upgrade to wheezy/sid

On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 18:41:05 +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

(...)

>> PAM is complaining because you are loading a module that now is not
>> present or is named differently, I can't really tell :-?
>
> i also dont know because i am following traditional method to connect
> Samba server where winbind and krb5 is required.  here is some more
> details about my samba. but serprisingly the version of winbind and
> samba is same. and secondly i can not understand the version number.
> would you please help me in understanding the version number.
>

> root@test:/# dpkg -l | grep samba
> ii  samba                              2:3.6.5-3 SMB/CIFS file, print, and login server for Unix
> ii  samba-common                       2:3.6.5-3 common files used by both the Samba server and client
> ii  samba-common-bin                   2:3.6.5-3 common files used by both the Samba server and client
> ii  samba-doc                          2:3.6.5-3 Samba documentation

You mean why both, winbind and samba, share the same version number? A
devel or packager will confirm but my guess is that because they come
from the same source (samba) they can be keeping the same numbering for
simple convenience.

Also, note that wheezy has now 3.6.6, you should udpate those :-)

>> I would open a bug report against "winbind" package and wait for a
>> response from devels..
>
> Thanks for the help :)
>
> btw this msg is messing my syslog server do you think i should comment
> the line in config files?

No, I would report it ASAP, maybe the requested library is missing and it
has to be corrected. Mmm, hold on...

Maye you are being hit by this, that is, that you need to get "libpam-winbind"
but the library will be placed under "/lib/[arch]-linux-gnu/security/pam_winbind.so"
instead "/lib/security/pam_winbind.so". What a mess :-P

Greetings,

--
Camaleón