Re: Slowness problem

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 17:52:17 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 16:08:05 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> Sorry, no more ideas on what the problem can be located.
>
> (...)
>
> One more thing you can test if you still have not tried... and easy one:
> create a fresh new user account and work for a while from there.
>
> Although I don't expect any improvement (the behaviour you are facing is
> not the usual related to a borked user settings) at least you will
> discard something wrong within your current user profile.

And lastly, given that you are using lenny, you can instruct Xorg to use
"nv" driver instead "nvidia". This can be easily done by editing the "/
etc/X11/xorg.conf" file (remember to do a backup of the original
xorg.conf file before making any change) and adding at the "Device"
section:

#Driver         "nvidia"
Driver         "nv"

And reboot (or restart the X server) to commit the changes. If swapping
the driver still makes no difference, now finally yes, I'm out of
ideas :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón