Re: Slowness problem

On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 21:56:00 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> How about your ram?

> I have 4.0 GiB and I'm using a max of 1500 MiB with firefox and youtube,
> so there's really no problem over there, unfortunately.

Okay, then no, ram should not be a issue here.

>> When that happens, run "top" and look for the CPU and MEM columns.

Top command output would be interesting :-)

>> The first step I'd do is updating Firefox to 13.0.1 (it works like a
>> charm in my lenny). But you can also run more tests, like disabling
>> your add-ons and plugins (mainly flash player) and check for any
>> improvement once you have turn all them off.
>>
>> Also, ensure you have the latest flash player plugin version installed,
>> now "11.2.202.236".

> Well, as I said before I just reinstalled the firefox, last version,
> clean install, having removed .mozilla/* stuff, etc., and I'm still
> having these issues (no add-on, as I said). Flash is up-to-date.

Disable the flash plugin at all (and so the same foe whatever additional
version you can have installed, e.g., "gnash") and retry. It looks weird
seeing Firefox to render slowly a usual page like Youtube, even more with
flash player disabled :-?

You can also run the same tests you are doing with Firefox but using a
different browser to compare both results.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón