Re: unique install question?

Hi lisi,
Thank you!
what your post shows, and what I honestly stopped trying to express is this.
There is no such thing as a so called one size fits all blind user.

Like every single aspect of the human experience, sight loss is a 100% individual thing. Just like sight presence. to claim that everyone uses anything the same is well... as nonsensical as claiming every rose is the same, or that everyone paints like Picasso...and not everyone cares for him! a buffet of options with an individual deciding what works from them uniquely is a far more productive stance than the efforts at uniformity. I realize those efforts are rooted in the human condition called insecurity. The fear of appreciating both what makes us treasured individual works of human art, and what we share as humans in a common way. But we have overcome limited thinking about others things before and can again. I appreciate the motivation behind vinux, but frankly feel like much comparative conversation that it does the individual a disservice. after all, my working from the accessibility is the same dictionary is how I got into the install mess I was in to start with...lol.
Back to my seat in the corner,
Karen