Re: unique install question?

Hi!
  Harsh words Ralf. :-)
OK, I never installed Debian myself using the install disks. But a friend did it. Debian does support blidn users. I don't know about the graphical install exactly, since we prefer the text based version. But I think they might. There is an Orca package for Debian and it works OK. But the latest Debian didn't include Orca - the screenreader - a few weeks ago. But there is always brltty for simpl e braille display access to the console. there might also be something like speakup or espeak or whatever to enable speech output for the commandline. Knoppix did support blind users as well. There is Vinux, which is a Debian version specially compiled for blind users. So screen reader support and some slight reordering of the desktop to be more obliging. there are other - completely unrelated - distros, which support blind and otherwise impaired users. But doesn't Knoppix have its own installer anymore?
  Best regards
         Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

======      Find my music at      ======