Re: [OT] something about dropbox

Not to be the downer in this conversation, but from a security
standpoint, there was a finding that dropbox's configuration file was
stored insecurely on all OSes [1] [3]. This appears to have been fixed
in late 2011.

However, the other issue is that dropbox uses the same
dropbox-controlled key to encrypt all users files. [2] [3] This allows
dropbox (or their employees) to decrypt any files. You can consider
the ramifications of this.

[1] http://dereknewton.com/2011/04/dropbox-authentication-static-host-ids/
[2] http://eggfreckles.net/notes/from-dropbox-to-spideroak/
[3] http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/7211/dropbox-flaws-techsnap-1/