Wireless network not found

Hey everyone,

I cannot find my home ADSL Billion router SSID to connect to from my laptop.

I have Squeeze running on a Toshiba Satellite P200, it has the wireless chipset Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN [Kedron] Network Connection (rev 61).
I also use a billion 7800N wireless router. So far every device i have (Ipad, wifes laptop and phones etc) can connect to the billion without a hitch.

On my laptop i cannot find the SSID of my router. at first i thought it was a wirelss N issue (ie my laptop didnt support N) but its apparently not the issue as i have portable wireless hotspot with runs on N and i can use that AP fine from the laptop.

Some output of iwconfig from the laptop

wlan0     IEEE 802.11abgn  ESSID:"XXXX_XXXX"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.412 GHz  Access Point: CC:96:DD:DD:DD:43
          Bit Rate=54 Mb/s   Tx-Power=14 dBm
          Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=53/70  Signal level=-57 dBm
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0

I have obviously changed the mac address and ESSID of the AP i am currently using.

I have searched around of a hardware support list of the Billion 7800N but cannot find any correlation between the chipset i use and my router. I have also attempted to connect to the AP via manually entering the SSID name and pass-phrase but it just cant find it.

Ideally i would have a spectrum analysis device to help find exactly what frequency they are running on and see if there were any other interferences going on, But since this isnt an intermittent issue and the fact i have never seen my home SSID show up when searching for it makes me think its a chipset issue.

If anyone could suggest something i havent tried yet or expose me to similar experiences you may have had that would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time everyone!

Nathan.