Re: Marvell SATA/Raid problem

On Saturday 23 June 2012 05:28:17 Camaleón wrote:
> > Are there any known problems with Marvell SATA and Wheezy 64-bit?
>
> (...)
>
> None that I'm aware of :-?
>
> Anyway, something that was working fine in Squeeze is expected to be
> working in upcoming kernel versions. Unless you missed something,
> consider in opening a bug report for a possible regression.

The Highpoint's problem persisted when I tried Squeeze 32-bit. So I think it's
hardware. I'll ponder a bug report for that (low probability) as well as one
for inotifywait (a separate thread).

Monday, I replaced the Highpoint with a 'Best Connectivity' SIL3132-based 2-
port RAID board and it's just like the farmer of song: it's working happily in
the Dell. Boots and reboots with and without the drive in the dataport turned
on, hot plug is working as expected, and my plug-n-play backup is nearly
flawless (with a workaround for the inotifywait problem).