Marvell SATA/Raid problem

Wheezy 64-bit. Marvell PCIE SATA/Raid card with one drive (in a CRU DP10),
non-RAID. Main board has two identical Hitachi 1TB drives on on-board SATA
ports used in md RAID.

Running Squeeze 32-bit, it was handling hot-plugged drives just fine. Switched
to Wheezy 64-bit and it no longer detects hot-plugged drives. In fact, it
won't boot with a drive connected to the Marvell card (plugged into the DP10).

Are there any known problems with Marvell SATA and Wheezy 64-bit?

I have the system here; I'll re-try Wheezy 64-bit this weekend, and try Wheezy
32-bit and Squeeze. (If Squeeze 32-bit doesn't work, it'll be a good clue,
since it worked before.)