Re: Marvell SATA/Raid problem

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 03:04:16 -0400, Neal Murphy wrote:

> Wheezy 64-bit. Marvell PCIE SATA/Raid card with one drive (in a CRU
> DP10), non-RAID. Main board has two identical Hitachi 1TB drives on
> on-board SATA ports used in md RAID.

So you have a total of 3 hard disks, one connected to the PCI-e card and
the other two attached to the stock mainboard sata ports, right?

> Running Squeeze 32-bit, it was handling hot-plugged drives just fine.
> Switched to Wheezy 64-bit and it no longer detects hot-plugged drives.
> In fact, it won't boot with a drive connected to the Marvell card
> (plugged into the DP10).

The change of the architecture (32 → 64 bits) seems to indicate that you
did a clean install, from scratch, right?

Questions:

- Did the installer even see any of the 3 drives?

- Output of lspci (so we can see the Marvell chipsets involved)

- Output of messages (when you cannot boot, kernel logs, dmesg...)

- What's your hdd layout? Where is the system installed, what raid level
are you using? I guess is a raid 1 but I prefer to ask. Give more details
about your system, you provided sparse data and precision is a must for
these kind of problems :-)

> Are there any known problems with Marvell SATA and Wheezy 64-bit?

(...)

None that I'm aware of :-?

Anyway, something that was working fine in Squeeze is expected to be
working in upcoming kernel versions. Unless you missed something,
consider in opening a bug report for a possible regression.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón