Re: failures on boot.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 05:53:22PM +0200, Camaleón wrote:
> El 2012-06-14 a las 09:01 +0200, Mauro escribió:
>
> (resending to the list)
>
> > On 13 June 2012 18:01, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> (...)

> > > Okay.
> > >
> > > Looking at the scripting routine (and more specifically line 22, which is
> > > the one that triggers the message) it seems to be inside the
> > > "checkflagfile()" function, but I can't decode the full meaning of the
> > > message warning, let's see is other people can give you some hints :-?
> > >
> > > What I would try is disabling the cleaning routine, restart the system
> > > (no message should be presented now) and then re-enable it again and
> > > check if the mesasge is still present.
>
> > It seems that cleaning /tmp is called twice.
>
> Twice? :-?

It happens up to three times.  This is because /tmp could be
on the rootfs, on a local filesystem or on a remote filesystem.
We clean after each is mounted to ensure that we clean
underneath the mountpoints as well as the mountpoints themselves.
But, each should only be cleaned once (this is what the
flagfile is for).

% ls -1 /etc/init.d/*clean*.sh
/etc/init.d/checkroot-bootclean.sh
/etc/init.d/mountall-bootclean.sh
/etc/init.d/mountnfs-bootclean.sh

However... it certainly shouldn't be giving errors.  It would be useful
to know where the error occurs (transcript of the boot log from e.g.
bootlogd) and the contents of /etc/fstab.  Possibly might happen if
the filesystem is mounted read-only?

If you can replicate the problem and pin it down to a specific
script, could you file a bug against iniscripts with all the above
information as requested?

Regards,
Roger

--