Re: failures on boot.

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 10:25:47 +0200, Mauro wrote:

> Hello.
> I'm using debian sid.
> When I boot the system I have these failures:
>
> cleaning up temporary files /lib/init/bootclean.sh line 22 /tmp/.clean
> cannot overwrite existing file
> bootclean: failure creating /tmp/.clean
> init/rw failed

Message is very succint but seems to be pointing to a problem with the "/
tmp" volume as if the system can't write on it. Is there something worth
mentioning (i.e., peculiarities) about your "/tmp" volume? Is the
mentioned ".clean" file present?

> However the system runs with no problems. There is someone that have the
> same problem? I don't know if it is a temporary bug.

I don't think this is something Sid's exclusive. The bootclean routine
also exists in my oldie Lenny. Anyway, is the message coming up on every
boot?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón