Re: Syslogd message...............

 On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 11:30:34 +0700 "Sthu Deus sthu.deus@gmail.com"
 suggested this:

>>  mount /mnt/lpics
>> mount: special device /dev/sdd1 does not exist
>
>Why don't You mount /dev/sdb1 but /dev/sdd1 ?
>
>Also, You can mount by UUID.
>
>What I would do in Your situation is:
>
>. connect HDD directly;

It changes the device from /dev/sdb1 to /dev/sdd1 and back again.

I am now mounting it as /dev/sdb1. That's what it has always been, and
then it started to drop out while I was looking through the files and
wouldn't mount and came up as /dev/sdd1 etc..

It keeps shifting, but it's working without error for now.

It's connected to a laptop, it's a laptop drive in an enclosure. Anyway
it's mounting again now.

Interesting. I'll just have to see if it drops out again.

Be well,
Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

Never doubt the potential of creative idleness being a way of life. Man
was elevated from the barbarian state by those who were idle, but
thought a lot. ---anon