Re: Syslogd message...............

 On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 23:48:12 +0700 "Sthu Deus sthu.deus@gmail.com"
 suggested this:

>Good time of the day, Charlie.
>

>You worte:
>
>> This happens with both powered and powered only through a
>> USB connection, external hard drives. Both with ext3 file systems:
>>
>> Message from syslogd@nomad at Jun 16 08:04:30 ...
>> kernel:[ 3187.986721] journal commit I/O error
>>
>> Seems to be more funny things happening with this testing system than
>> anything ever previously? [laughing]
>>
>> But I shouldn't compare.
>
>It may be USB-to-(S/P)ATA controller problem and can be on until You
>either: find one that works well OR connect it to host directly
>(through *ATA-cable).
>
>I do not think it is FS problem in case You see the messages
>periodically.
>

>Sthu.

Tried different cabling:

blkid says,

/dev/sdb1: UUID="4bb48afe-02d7-487f-a51f-ff378edbc98d" TYPE="ext3"

Then in a terminal:

 mount /mnt/lpics
mount: special device /dev/sdd1 does not exist

Thought it might be the enclosure, but the enclosures are different.

Add to this that there are 19 upgrades that I can't get because they
want to remove a couple of packages I don't want to relinquish and we
have many avenues where the error could exist.

I'll work it out.

Just thought others might be seeing this as well, but obviously not.

Thanks,
Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

The Great Way is not difficult for those who have no preferences.
--Sengstan Third Zen Patriarch