Re: [OT] google.com

Camaleón wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 19:30:52 +0800, lina wrote:

I feel something weird, since yesterday when I opened www.google.com it
showed me "Bahasa Malaysia", but I have never used the
www.google.com.my.

(...)

If Google says you are in Malaysia is that _you are_ there. Period. Or you think you know more than Google, eh? (just kidding ;-P)

Google has become very unfriendly, I always have to use a bookmarked page to get Google search in English instead Spanish though using the bookmark will work only for the first request, after that you're pissed again :-/

http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0&hl=en

Sadly, you can only control Google settings _once_ you have login or by keeping their cookies :-(

Although I am a heavy Google user (except Google+), there is disappointment: although I live in Mexico and speak Spanish at home, I only Google search through that bookmark... and Google never catches on! How hard must it be to note "this user never searches in the language where we think the user lives"?

Hugo