Re: unique install question? (Squeeze audio install using the Wheezy-di from a USB drive)

On 2012-06-13, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

>> Technical evidence that inside the Wheezy installer, in expert mode,
>> prior to partitioning, but after choosing a mirror of the Debian
>> archive, the installer asks which release you wish to install, at which
>> point you may choose Squeeze?
>
> I have presented the installer's main menu in an earlier post. There is
> no option for choosing a mirror before partitioning is offered. Now I
> may, of course, misunderstood what is happening, or not seen a menu
> item, or failed to delve deeply enough into the options offered. But
> there is a 'Configure the package manager' option after installing the
> base system - so why have the same thing twice?

God, I don't know, brother.  I think you're on to something!

>> The technical evidence is in the empirical data referenced in the article
>> of an experienced, regular user of this list.
>
> This is technical evidence? The only evidence you should be satisfied
> with is what you can obtain and verify for yourself. So do it. Run a
> Wheezy netinst installer inexpert mode. You need go no further than

This is an interesting theory.  Experimental data not harvested
personally is invalid.  My personal theory is that experimental data not
amenable to reproducibility is invalid, though I am not responsible for
personally reproducing each and every datum bit until the universe keels
over from fatigue.

But why would I run the installer in inexpert mode, when the man said

 Instead of just hitting "Enter" at every opportunity try the "expert"

?