Re: unique install question? (Squeeze audio install using the Wheezy-di from a USB drive)

On 13/06/12 19:29, Brian wrote:
> On Wed 13 Jun 2012 at 10:57:42 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
>> On 13/06/12 04:35, a troll wrote:
>>>
>>> By the time the choosing a mirror stage is reached with a netinst image
>>> or the first CD the base files (Stable or Testing versions) have been
>>> installed in /target.
>>
>> Instead of just hitting "Enter" at every opportunity try the "expert"
>> - prior to partitioning (*before anything is written to the hard drive*)
>> you'll be asked which release you want to install:-
>>
>> Stage: Choose a mirror of the Debian archive
>> di question:
>> Debian version to install:
>> choice: squeeze - stable
>
> The main menu for a netinst iso:

This is an *audio* install - hence the OPs choice of the Wheezy
installer. There is no graphical menu.

Boot from wheezy and combine speakup with an expert install and the
Squeeze DVDs to build Squeeze.

Pick a method to start the speakup installer (the OP provided detailed
instructions for one method).
Combine it with expert (low debconf).

start install with cmdline "/install.386/vmlinux vga=788 priority=low
initrd=/install.386/gtk/initrd.gz speakup.synth=soft -- quiet":-
;pick speakup from the menu - edit it to add priority=low
;after disk noise stops press 's' then Enter, at first menu select the
;change priority/debconf
;other variations

(one method):-
Follow the voice prompted menu...
language - choose 6 (English - default)
location - 2
locale - 2
additional locale - 135
default locale - 1
*then* choose detect and mount cd-rom
which is where you'd add the first Squeeze CD-ROM...

<snipped>

> I don't see what you do. Is this a bug in my installer?

There is a bug, but clearly it's not in your installer.

<snipped>

answers to questions about Debian:-