Re: unique install question? (Squeeze audio install using the Wheezy-di from a USB drive)

On Wed, 2012-06-13 at 10:29 +0100, Brian wrote:
> > The OP has all the Squeeze CD/DVDs... why on earth do they need to
> > connect to the internet?
>
> As is made clear in this thread - she doesn't and it would not benefit
> her.

Since she's willing to install 40 media players, because she's
interested in music and radio, I suspect she need at least a slow
Internet connection to get stuff similar to
http://wiki.debian.org/MultimediaCodecs . Even if she shouldn't need the
codecs, soon or later there will be a package that only is available by
the Internet. She is able to receive emails somewhere, so she should be
able to get some packages by the Internet. IMO Debian stable is a good
choice for people who don't have Internet access, anyway, Linux is based
on Internet communities, for special tasks we need to get some packages
or sources from time to time by the Internet.
When I used 56k and slower modems + Linux only, it forced me to switch
to ISDN and later to ADSL. Regarding to the task of your Linux, it's
vital to have Internet access.

- Ralf