Re: unique install question? (Squeeze audio install using the Wheezy-di from a USB drive)

Brian, all:
First the amount of creative thinking I have read regarding my situation simply cements for me why the debian community has earned the reputation it has. I am floored honestly, and will be starting a "best edition of debian for dummies book> thread shortly smiles. Still Brian has the situation here, and I will answer a few more questions in one place. The machine on to which I am installing Debian was built for me, not an off the shelf unit. To insure things like a serial port for the hardware speech, one almost has to do this these days. The thing is though, it was built a few years back, as shared I have been moving towards this project for a few years now. Honestly? although I have been using computers since 1988, I am far from a professional. I prefer finding those with the real wisdom, getting trained in person for what I need, and using that wisdom towards what I really do for a living. I do not like the tutorial ting, each human learns uniquely. I got training when I started, and have built on that training in my operating system of choice ever sense. Finding the in person wisdom on debian has been rather a task as shared. still...
first indeed the bios getting do not allow for DVD booting whatsoever.
second, I prefer using hardware speech to software, and when it would not talk, simply skipped the software aspect all together. The suggestions regarding grub were something I considered but passed on, far far more than I wished to take on all together, given the operating system is new to me, and the screen reader is as well, and I thought I could follow the steps outlined in the debian accessibility wiki...but they failed. third, while I have network cards in all of my machines, I am between dsl providers here, something that may not change for some time, so best to understand that dialup is the only Internet I have access to, at all right now. fourth, unless there is a list? somewhere of what packages are on which image, I do not want to guess from the installer, which is why I why install all I have before picking and choosing the first time out. I have heard that indeed past the third image might not be needful, but no clear explanation as to why. I have read with total firmness though that more than the first DVD/cd is needful, with getting packages later a time consuming task..plus an impossible one for me at the moment.

Besides, if there are 6 or 8 DVD images for all of the stable squeeze, there must be a reason for them.

Finally, aside from again throwing flowers at the entire lot of you, it seems the most practical use of my energy is going to be somehow getting a cd of the stable squeeze install.
In the interim, I will ask about good debian teaching materials.
Karen