Re: What's in netinst iso?

Gary Dale wrote:
On 11/06/12 03:38 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
debian-6.0.5-i386-netinst.list gives too much and
simultaneously not enough info ;/

What I'm looking for would be more along the idea of a
functional inventory.
I gather that what's on the CD is effectively a very
minimal command line oriented install. I've some un-baked
[i.e. not even half baked] ideas of what I'd want in a
super lean install. It would help me get my head sorted
out to read a description of netinst.

Then again as my last computing course was prior to 1965
(remember CORC and CUPL ;), I may have a lot to unlearn.

The netinst isn't to give you a super-lean install. It's
there to give you the basics to get connected to the
Internet to download the packages you need.

If you want a lean install, just install the basic system.
Don't choose any of the bits that give extra services or
even a desktop. This is pretty lean. It gives you a box that
can connect to a network.

Sir, you answered the question you thought I *SHOULD have* asked.
You *did NOT* answer the question I did ask ;)