Re: fonts used by evince

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 20:36:38 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 19:44:12 +0200, Paul Seyfert wrote:
>
>> On 10.06.2012 17:27, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

> I wonder if the *Dingbats is the real problem here. If you had access to
> the original document you can ensure the symbols that display wrongly
> are infact using the ZapfDingbats fonts. I think so but is just to be
> sure.

Okay, I finally figured out what was the problem: it's not the
ZapfDingbats font but Symbol that makes a difference.

When I add this chunk of text into my "~/.fonts.conf" file, the PDF is
rendered correctly:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>
    <alias binding="same">
    <family>Symbol</family>
    </alias>
</fontconfig>

"DejaVu Serif" font can be replaced by another one.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón