Re: [OT] HTML5 (was: Playing Videos)

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 10:01:11 -0400, Ethan Rosenberg wrote:

> At 02:17 PM 6/10/2012, Camaleón wrote:

>>With a MS video container file (.avi)? Use a different one and your life
>>will be -by far- better.

(...)

> Dear Teacher -
>
> Problem Solved.
>
> Converted the files to mp4. :-[

Thank to the gods :-)

Why you look so sad? I'd say AVI is even worse than SWF.

The video rendering problematic is prefectly explained in these links:

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_videos.asp
http://www.w3schools.com/html5/html5_video.asp

And that's precisely what html5 and the <video> tag was aimed to solve,
with more or less success.

> Did I graduate?

Mmm... and what happens with Firefox linux users? Be kind and provide an
".ogv"  webm or even a flash movie so they can render the video and
you'll graduate with honours.

> Object tag does not support replay.

No, at least not directly. Depending on the media type (swf, mp4) you can
use javascript to allow the user to interact with the video.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón